Use of Primary School Sports Funding at Jupiter Community Free School:
The government has ring fenced funding to improve the provision of PE and sport in primary schools. The money has been provided by the Departments of Health, Education and Culture, Media and Sport.
Within our PE and Sports curriculum and through the use of this funding we aim to:
- Place physical activity and well-being at the heart of the school’s avlues and vision;
- Deliver the new National Curriculum for PE and sport effectively;
- Improve teaching resources so that teachers can offer a more productive, inclusive and broader PE curriculum;
- Deliver swimming lessons from Year 3 onwards so that children can successfully swim twenty-five metres by the end of the Key Stage Two;
- Support children to become sport ambassadors , so that they can take responsibility for aspects of PE within the school;
- Increase the range of opportunities for children to compete in local school and inter- house competitions;
- Broaden the range of sport provided throughout the curriculum and in after school clubs;
- Increase the profile of the school’s sporting activities and achievements.